Friday, July 27, 2012

Woops!!

So, I laid out the foundation base and began working on the hillside and boggy pond areas. No detail work, just the foam shape. I sat there staring at the work so far, using my imagination to mentally lay out the angle of the slopes, the flat areas, etc. Then it came to me. Will this fit through the door?

Nope.

My workshop is upstairs in a 100 year old house. It is a great work area where I can have the windows open for fresh air and look down at the cats as they sun themselves in the yard. HOWEVER, the doorways upstairs are very narrow. This presents a problem as I will now have to figure out a way to have the house removable from the base so it can be turned on it's side to get through the door. I wanted to avoid this as the house really needs to look "settled" into it's land and any time you uproot it from its base there is a chance of damage to the structure and/or the fragile detail work in the landscaping..

I do not want to have to scale back the base and lose "land" area. This is so frustrating. I will figure it out. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to share!

I will just get cracking on the exterior stonework and figure out the base later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I have just joined your blog, im so looking forward to following your progress on this house, I have so wanted to do a haunted house for a very long time. may I ask how you attach the clay to the house once you have rolled it out?.... Cant wait to see and hear more from you
    Cheers Dawn

    ReplyDelete