Friday, August 10, 2012

Mindless Cutting

I have been sitting here for hours cutting these damnable (pardon my French) bricks. Then it dawned on me. How many do i really need?

Well, suffice it to say that I have enough to do the porch, foundation, and even roof if I choose to do so (which wouldn't look right anyway). Wow, talk about mindless! Well, since I NEVER throw anything away (new show idea: Mini Hoarders), I will simply put the extras away for future use. Ya never know when they will come in handy!

I am at a weird juncture in the project where I really need to be careful not to skip ahead even one step. I am notorious for that. I can't install the bricks until I do the stone coloring but can't do that until I finish adding the door and window trims. Soooo tricky. I just want to charge ahead! But I have to move forward cautiously.

I also need to install the wallpapers and flooring before I install the custom windows which I haven't even started.

I am starting to sweat. Need a glass of Cabernet stat!

Michi

4 comments:

  1. LOL don't forget to pour me a glass lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, in this house we don't pour glasses, we pour bottles.....Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Bricks, bricks, bricks...yes, any you cut, save! You'll be glad you did. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who ever said building was straight forward? There's always something that needs to be done first! LOL! I always seem to get ahead of myself and have to backtrack! So aggravating!

    ReplyDelete