Saturday, September 15, 2012

Mixed Topics (i.e. rambling)

Having a great week so far. Just thought I would share a couple random things with all of you. Oh and a quick Manor update as well!
 

Meet Brumbiddle. I received him as a Yule gift a few years ago. He watches over our front door and makes sure no mischief occurs (other than his own...)
I am moving my craft room from upstairs to this unused downstairs parlor room. In the winter it will be much cozier to work and the light is great. I just need to clear out the clutter before I re-fill it with other clutter! I have made a promise to myself that I am going to organize my supplies.
 
The first two washes are on the portico. There is a dark umber-ish color under a grey wash. Two more layers of wash will probably be enough.

 Another view
 
Here is the final roof after an additional wash of murk.

Me looking kind of crazy. Fitting.

Speaking of crazy, I read on one of my Yahoo groups about these Dollar Tree mini glass bottles and bought out their stock. I have over a hundred of them now. They will be perfect as herb and potion bottles in my upcoming Occult Shop project. I can't get myself just to dump out the glittery stuff that came inside them but I am not a glitter person at all. I will replace the plastic stoppers with ones from clay. It will be a fun side project.

8 comments:

  1. You could certainly find another miniaturist to take the glitter off your hands. :]

    Your little countdown clock is motivating me to get back to work on the Heritage. Thanks for the jump-start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clock is great! It slows page load time a bit BUT since Halloween (and Fall) is my favorite time of year, it helps me see how quickly it is approaching!
      Now get to work! I want to see more of your Heritage (^-^)

      Delete
  2. OK im motivated ! lol I have been playing around with the instructions for the walls and have finally been able to get it nice it is no where ready to share with you yet though lol... I'm so glad you don't have to move, we will have to do that late next year and im not looking forward to it all with all my molds kilns doll houses etc lol.... but like you the move will force me to organize lol, the Manor is looking so so great, I love watching your progress... So although silent sometimes, i am definitely lurking in the background .... I love it.... Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organizing is my #1 priority. Just moving my craft area down a flight of stairs is a nightmare! I can't wait to see what you do with the BH! After seeing your Spring Fling entry I can only imagine where you will take it! Thanks for the kind compliments on my project so far! Means alot and keeps me motivated

      Delete
  3. Hello Michi,
    That looks like it will be a great workspace.
    Michi, do you know how much your work impresses me! THe portico is just WOW! I really love your manor and am always excited when I see a new post.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Giac! Thank you so much! Your comments are always super encouraging and make me happy! I finally got everything brought down yesterday but now I have to put it all in it's proper place. The Manor actually looks really cool in there. There is something about that room that makes it extra creepy.

      Delete
  4. Ooh! I love it!!! Your stone is wonderful, and I'm really, really thrilled with the roof. I'm a fan of your gnome, too...Jim won't let me have one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you C.J.! Why won't Jim let you have one? Everyone should have a gnome or two keeping watch!

      Delete